- What is the difference between the 3 accounts?
There are 3 different kinds of profile in TMO, with each of those accounts having a different colour to help you recognize them:
- “I WANT TO TAKE SOMEONE OUT” users will be shown with a silver background. If you choose this profile, it means that you are willing to take the other person out (gold account), and invite him/her. By choosing this account, you will also be able to see the profiles that want to do 50/50 (bronze account).
- “I WANT SOMEONE TO TAKE ME OUT” users will be shown with a gold background. If you choose this profile, it means that you want to be invited by generous users (silver account).
- “I WANT TO GO DUTCH (50/50)” users will be shown with a bronze background. If you choose this profile, it means you want to go out with another person and share the cost of the date together. By choosing this profile, you will also be able to see the user that want to invite someone out (silver account).
- Why does each profile have three different colours?
There are three different kinds of profile in TMO, which are linked to the type of account. They are all shown in a different colour:
- “I WANT TO TAKE SOMEONE OUT” users will be shown with a silver background.
- “I WANT SOMEONE TO TAKE ME OUT” users will be shown with a gold background.
- “I WANT TO GO DUTCH (50/50)” users will be shown with a bronze background.
You will see the TMO dating interface in the colour matching the type you choose: if you have an “I WANT TO TAKE SOMEONE OUT” account for example, your menus will show silver.
You will see other users based on the account they have. If you see a gold chat or gold profile, it means this user has an “I WANT SOMEONE TO TAKE ME OUT” account.
- Why join now?
By joining now, you get the following advantages:
- You will automatically participate in a prize draw to win gifts on launch date.
- You will get extra TMO credit for referring friends to TMO dating using your promo code.
- For each friend you invite, you will also have an additional chance to win prizes in our prize draw.
- The first prize of the draw is a trip for 2 worth £1,000+
- What prizes can I get in the draw?
The first prize of the draw is a trip for 2 people worth more than £1,000+.
We will contact the winner within 5 days of the launch date.
There will be other prizes during the draw, such as dinner in restaurants for 2 people, tee-shirts, VIP accounts, TMO credit, and keychains.
For the full conditions, please read our terms and conditions.
- What is preview mode?
Preview mode allows new users to see how TMO dating works, without having an account. After seeing the app in preview mode, users are free to decide whether to join.
Joining is easy; you just need a Facebook account.
- What can I do in the preview mode?
In preview mode, you are limited to a few actions. For example, you are able to see the search menu and the people registered on the app. However, you will not be able to interact with them without creating an account.
CHATS AND DATES
- My messages are not going through.
Please make sure you have a strong internet connection. Try pulling the chat up to resend your messages. If the issue persists, please wait a few hours and try again at a later time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Can I message someone I haven’t matched with?
Only in certain circumstances: every “I WANT SOMEONE TO TAKE ME OUT” user (gold profile) has the option to allow other users to get introduced to them. If they have activated the option, you will see an icon at the bottom left of their full profile, allowing you to get introduced.
Getting introduced will cost you TMO credits, because we do not want users abusing this option. As for normal dates, you can get back your TMO credit if the user does not reply to your messages. However, you will have to wait 24 hours before to be able to unmatch.
- One of my dates disappeared.
It sounds like that person either blocked you, or deleted their account. Try logging out and back in just to be sure. To do so, go to Settings, scroll down, hit log out, and log back in.
- I lost all my dates!
Try tapping on the chat icon on the menu bar at the top. If the date doesn’t come up, try logging out and logging back in. To do so, go to Settings, select App Settings, scroll down, hit Logout and log back in.
As long as you haven’t accidentally deleted your account, you should be fine! Note: If only one or two of your dates disappeared, they either blocked you or deleted their account.
- I don’t have any dates.
You need to allow time for people to date you back! You should try updating your photos, your date budget, and what you’d like to do on your date; it may help to get more dates.
- I got a new date/message notification, but I don’t see it.
Try tapping on the chat icon on the menu bar at the top. If the date doesn’t come up, it means that person either blocked you, or deleted their account. Just to be sure, you can try logging out and logging back in. To do so, go to Settings, scroll down, hit Logout, and log back in.
MANAGE YOUR DATE
- How do I ask my date to take me out?
You can only ask someone to take you out if you have had a chat with them. To find the option, go in the profile of the user, and click the “Schedule date” button. In the menu that appears, you will see an icon to ask your date to take you out. After you confirm, your date will receive a notification that you want to go on a date with him/her. If he/she confirms, you’re on, and you will be able to give him/her a review after you’ve met.
- Why do we advise you to ask your date to take you out?
By using this option, the user that takes you out will know that you will be able to give him/her a review. Which means that if, for example, he/she did not invite you out as promised, you will be able to tell the TMO community to avoid this user.
- What does the icon at the bottom of each profile mean?
The icon at the bottom of each profile gives you an idea of the budget needed to invite that person out (or the budget the person is ready to spend to take you out).
There are 4 different icons: the first and the cheapest is an icon showing a glass of wine, then a fork and knives icon representing a restaurant, then there is the fine dining icon, and finally the luggage icon.
- What is the adjust budget function?
This function is only available when you are being invited by another user. We realise that if you really like your date, you may want to adjust your date budget accordingly. TMO dating gives you this option.
To do so, go on your date list and click on the users profile picture. This will bring you to the full profile of that user. On this screen, you will see a button on the right corner at the bottom. Click on it, a pop-up will show up that will allow you to adjust the budget of the date. Please note, you can only lower the price of the date.
- How do I unmatch (block) someone?
You can only unmatch (block) someone that you have matched with. You have 2 different ways of unmatching someone:
- Go to his/her profile, open the schedule date menu, and the unmatch user icon. Finally confirm that you want to unmatch.
- On your chat list, scroll the user on the left, press the unmatch button that just appears, and confirm that you want to unmatch.
By doing so, you’ll disappear from their Dates, they won’t be able to message you anymore, and they will also disappear from your Dates. If you did not get any answer from that user, you will also get back the TMO credit that you initially paid to open the chat. The amount you will recover will be shown to you before you unmatch, so that you know exactly whether you will get back credit or not.
- Can I unblock someone?
Nope, blocking / unmatching is a permanent action.
- How can I make sure the person I am talking to is genuine?
TMO has an algorithm that looks at the past behaviour of our users, and tries to determine if the user acts in a suspicious way. For example, if the user is being reported often by other users, or sends too many messages, this will be flagged to you. However, as with any dating app, we advise you to ask as many details as possible about the other person before you meet. We cannot guarantee that the pictures of the person you are talking to are genuine.
We do not have robots at TMO dating, but we are not responsible on how other users use the app. If you think someone is doing something illegal, or has a fake profile, please report the user to us.
- I accidentally left-swiped someone, can I get them back?
Yes, just press the back button at the bottom left of the screen. You can get back up to two left-swiped profiles.
- How do I report someone?
You can report any user.
To report someone, go to their full profile, and hit the flag button at the top right corner. A pop-up will show-up, from where you will be able to select the reason you want to report the user.
- What are TMOs?
TMOs are the credit used within the TMO dating app. With them you can unlock chat, force chat, and/or become VIP.
- What can I buy with TMOs?
TMOs are the credit used within TMO dating app. With them you can unlock chat, be introduced to other user and/or become VIP.
- Why are some chats more expensive to unlock than others?
The amount of TMOs needed to unlock a chat depends on the date budget. If the person you want to invite has specified a high budget, it will cost you more TMOs to unlock that chat.
- Why do I need to pay to change type?
It is very confusing for other people if you constantly change your account type, going from an “I WANT TO TAKE SOMEONE OUT” account to an “I WANT TO BE INVITED” account. We do not encourage people to change type, so this is why we chose to charge TMO credit for that functionality.
- Why do I need to pay to unlock a chat?
On traditional dating apps, people have multiple chats open, talk to everyone but quickly lose interest. By charging TMO credit to unlock a chat it ensures that you are serious about taking the person out and helps increase the quality of each match.
- How do I get TMOs?
There are 4 ways to get TMO credit on the app.
- TOP-UP TMOs via the Top-Up TMO menu on the bottom of the main menu.
- Share your promo code with your friends and get TMO credit for each new user.
- Become VIP and get some free TMO credit.
- Enter the app regularly and swipe users to get rewards.
- What are the TMO VIP functionalities?
TMO VIP is a premium addition to the TMO dating experience. By being a VIP, we’re giving our users access to extra functions:
- The ability to increase the maximum budget for the date: This allows you to increase the budget for a date above the normal threshold, and have access to even more dates.
- No limit on the number of dating chats open at a time: by default you are limited on the maximum number of dating chats you can have unlocked at once. By becoming a VIP, you will be able to unlock an unlimited numbers of chats.
- Ability to change your TMO dating account type every week: By default you can only change (for free) the type (gold (be invited), silver (invite) or bronze (50/50) of your account every month. By becoming a VIP, you will be able to change this parameters for free every week.
- Ability to see others users’ TMO ID: by default the TMO ID of a user is hidden on their profile. By becoming a VIP, you will be able to see it. To do so, go to their full profile page, and you will see a “>” sign after their name. Click this button and the TMO ID of the users will appear. You can then use that ID to share with your friends.
- By becoming a VIP, we will give you free TMO credit to use within the app
- Upload pictures from your phone: By becoming a VIP you will be able to upload pictures from Facebook and from your phone in your profile pictures. To do so, hit the menu icon on the top left hand corner, select the pen icon at the top right corner of the menu. You can add up to 6 photos that everyone on TMO can see and an additional 5 photos that only the user you can date can see.
- Ability to see your own ratings and reviews.
- Other users will see that you are a VIP.
To subscribe as a VIP, click on the main menu button (on the left corner of the main screen) and select the menu “Become a TMO VIP”.
You can pay via the app store, or with your TMO credit. The subscription lasts a month, and is not renewed automatically. If you are not happy with the functionality, you can just let your membership expire at the end of the month, otherwise you will have to renew.
- I am VIP, how do I see the TMO ID of the profile I am viewing?
Go into the full profile view of the user you want to know the TMO ID of. You should see a “>” sign at the right of the name of the user. Press this “>” button and it will uncover the TMO ID of the user you are looking for. You can then share that ID with your friends, for example.
- How do I know if I am VIP?
If you are a VIP, you should see a VIP star at the left hand side of your profile picture when you press the main menu button at the top left corner.
- Can I use TMO VIP on multiple devices?
Yes, your VIP account is saved on our servers. Each time you connect on TMO dating with any phone, a check will be done to see if you are a VIP TMO dater or not.
TMO IDS AND PROMO CODE
- What is a TMO ID, and how do I get one?
A TMO ID is a unique nickname to identify you in the app. You can share this nickname with other TMO dating users, and they will be able to find you using the “Search by TMO ID” function on the left hand side menu.
- What is the search by TMO ID function, and how does it work?
The “Search by TMO ID” is accessible from the main menu (click on the top left corner). It allows you to search a user in TMO dating. Each TMO ID is unique and, if the TMO ID you entered exists, only one profile will show up.
When you are looking for a user, the system will check their account type and your account type and automatically work out the match relationship. For example, if you are a user that wants to be invited and you are looking for another person that wants to be invited, the application will show you his/her profile as if you were inviting him/her.
Please note that you will only be searchable with that option if you created a TMO ID. If you do not want other users to be able to search you, do not fill this field.
- Where is my promo code, and how do I share it?
Click on the main menu at the top left corner, then click “Promotions”.
In the second part of the screen, you will see 2 buttons that allows you to share your promotion code. The first button “SHARE YOUR CODE” will allow you to share a message containing your promo code to your friends. The second button “COPY YOUR CODE” will copy your promo code to the clipboard.
Your promo code is the 8 letter code displayed at the bottom of the “COPY YOUR CODE” button. It should be 4 characters followed by 4 numbers, like “ABCD1234”.
Each time you share your promo code with a friend, you will earn credit once that friend makes their first purchase in the app.
Please note that before the launch date, you will get your extra credit instantly.
- My friend entered my promo code, where is my TMO credit?
If your friend joined TMO before the launch date, you should receive your TMO credit at the same time, i.e. when your friend entered your promo code.
If your friend joined TMO after the launching date, he/she will have to spend TMO credit on the app before you get your rewards.
PREFERENCES AND PROFILE CONFIGURATION
- How do I add a profile photo?
If you are not VIP, you can only add photos from your Facebook account to your TMO dating profile. To do so, hit the menu icon on the top left hand corner, then select the pen icon at the top right corner of the menu.
You can add up to 6 photos that everyone on TMO can see, and an additional 5 photos that only the user you match/date can see.
If you become VIP, you will also be able to upload photos from your mobile phone camera library.
- I can’t change my date preferences.
Make sure you have the latest version of TMO dating. If the issue persists, please try again in a few hours.
- How do I change my name, age or gender?
TMO dating uses information from Facebook to create your profile. To update your information, simply update your name / age / gender on Facebook, then logout and log back in. To do this, go to Settings, select App Settings, scroll down, hit Logout and log back in.
- How do I edit my profile?
To edit your profile, hit the menu icon on the top left hand corner, then select the pen icon at the top right corner of the menu.
You can add up to 6 photos that everyone on TMO can see, and an additional 5 photos that only the user you match/date can see. You can also edit the kind of date you are looking for, define your profession, and create a TMO ID.
- How do I change the “ALLOW TMO APP TO INTRODUCE DATE TO YOU” or “SHOW MY BUDGET TO MATCHED USERS” parameter?
These extra options are only available to users who want to be invited.
Go into the “DATE PREFERENCES” menu and click the wheel icon at the top right of the parameter screen. This will show you another screen, where you will be able to change those 2 options.
If you tick the “ALLOW TMO APP TO INTRODUCE DATE TO YOU” option, it means you allow users to send you a message, even though you did not match. In order to send you a message, they will have to spend more TMO credits than a normal chat. We recommend that you leave this option activated if you want to meet people serious about taking you on a date.
If you tick the option “SHOW MY BUDGET TO MATCHED USERS”, the users that date/match you will be able to see the exact budget you entered.
- How do I change my notifications settings?
To change your notification settings, navigate to the Settings pane, and tick the notifications you wish to receive. There are 4 types of notifications: “NEW DATES”, “NEW MESSAGES”, “DATE CONFIRMATION” and “CREDIT RECEIVED”.
- “NEW DATES”: Tick this box if you want to receive notifications when you have a new match/date.
- “NEW MESSAGES”: Tick this box if you want to receive notifications when you have new messages from your matches/dates.
- “DATE CONFIRMATION”: Tick this box if you want to receive notifications when one of your dates confirms that he/she wants to go on a date with you.
- “CREDIT RECEIVED”: Tick this box if you want to receive notifications when you receive referral credit for friends using your promo code.
- What is the date budget parameter for?
The date budget parameter is to specify the budget you are willing to spend for a single date (or the minimum spend if you want someone to take you out).
If you just want to go for a drink, the budget will most likely be low, but if you want to go for a luxury restaurant, you will have to increase the value of this parameter.
- How do I delete my account?
For security purposes, if you want to delete your account, you’ll need to do it directly on the app. You will permanently lose your matches, messages, TMO credits, VIP account, and all other information associated with your account.
If you deleted the app, but didn’t deleted your account first, you will have to download the app again.
To delete your account, navigate to the Settings pane, select App Settings, scroll down, and select Delete Account. Once you have confirmed deletion of your account, you’ll see a message that says “Your account was successfully deleted”.
Bear in mind, if you log in again after deleting your account, we create a whole new account for you.
Note: Deleting the app does not delete your account.
- What is the warning sign on top of a profile when I swipe users?
The warning sign will automatically appear on a user that looks suspicious. This is to let you know that we do not recommend you to go on a date with that user. Of course, you are free to try your luck.
If you click on the warning sign, you will see all the ratings/review of the user, and be able to understand why he/she has been flagged.
- TMO dating is stuck on the “TAKEMEOUT” animation
Please make sure you have a strong internet connection. If the issue persists, try logging out and logging back in. You can also try force quitting the app. If the issue persists, please wait a few hours and try again
- I can’t upload my Facebook photos.
Make sure that you have the latest version of TMO dating installed.
Make sure that your pictures are in a public album on Facebook, or are at least visible to your friends (not you only).
You can also try moving the pictures to a different album on Facebook.
Try hard closing the app. If the issue persists, try logging out and logging back in. To do so, go to Settings, select App Settings, scroll down, hit Logout, and log back in.
- The app keeps crashing.
Make sure you have the latest version of TMO dating, and try hard closing the app. You can also try restarting your phone and reinstalling the app. As long as you don’t delete your account you won’t lose any of your dates, messages, VIP status, or credit.
- I’m unable to log into the app.
Firstly, make sure you have the latest version of TMO dating. If that doesn’t work, try logging out, then logging back in again. You can try force quitting the app. You can also try deleting the app from your phone, then downloading it again and reinstalling it. As long as you don’t delete your account, this won’t delete your existing dates, messages, VIP status, and credit.
- I did not get my credit back after I unmatched!
It is most likely that you did not get back any credit after un-matching the user because:
- The other user replied to your chats at least once
- No payment was initially taken to unlock this chat
- I get a cropping error.
Make sure you have a good network connection and try logging out and back in. To do so, go to Settings, select App Settings, scroll down, hit Logout, and then log back in.
If this doesn’t solve the problem, please try again in a little while. This is usually temporary.
- TMO dating says “No more dates matching your search preferences.”
Go to the main menu, select “DATE PREFERENCES”, and try increasing the distance, age range, or adjusting the budget of the date. You can also try logging out and back in.
- Will I lose my dates if I delete the app?
As long as you don’t delete your account, deleting the app won’t delete any of your dates, messages, VIP status, or credit.
- Why can’t I move the budget cursor higher?
If you are not on a VIP membership, you are limited in the maximum amount of the date budget. You will have to become a VIP in order to be able to move the budget cursor up to the maximum available in TMO dating.
- Some users are getting introduced to me, how do I stop this?
Go into your “DATE PREFERENCES” menu, click the wheel icon at the top right of the parameter screen, then untick the “ALLOW TMO APP TO INTRODUCE DATE TO YOU” option. We recommend leaving this option activated, as this indicates that they are really serious about taking you on a date.
- Why does TMO dating need to access my camera roll?
TMO dating needs permission to access your photos in order for you to upload pictures from your photo library.
If you accidentally denied the app access to your photos, go to the phone settings, find ‘privacy’, select ‘photos’, and make sure TMO dating is allowed access. If this doesn’t solve the issue, you can try reinstalling the app. Note: As long as you don’t delete your account, reinstalling the app won’t delete any of your dates, messages, VIP status, or credit.
- Will the app post on my Facebook page?
TMO dating never publishes anything on your Facebook wall. None of your Facebook friends will see that you are using the app.
- How to contact us?
If you have any questions, please contact us by email as follows: